Wednesday 28 January 2015

I'm making a conscious decision to continue to use this blog for my second semester, after letting it fall to disuse last semester.

Overall, I feel that last semester was the most unsuccessful since I started my degree three years ago. Not only in terms of the grades I've received so far, although being 2:1 or 2:2, which aren't bad marks, they're the lowest I've received, having achieved firsts throughout my first and second years. I know that the grade I receive in the grand scheme of things means very little, however it means a lot to me personally as it proves to myself that I am capable. I'm worried that now I've let my grades slip this semester, it will impact my chances of graduating with a first class honours degree, what I've been aiming for and working hard towards for three years now. I know I'll feel like I've failed if I fall down at the last hurdle and don't achieve the first I've been striving for.

Despite this worry, I've come to accept that it was just a bad semester, and I'm going to try and look at this next semester and what I've learnt with a positive outlook. It would be too easy to just give up, or to claim that all hope is lost and that I've failed. I still want to leave with a first class honours degree. I should be proud of what I've achieved the past two years, accept this as a minor blip in what has been a successful progression towards my degree so far and move on and learn from what hasn't been working from last semester - which I need to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment