Thursday 30 January 2014


It's a shame that I've lost the confidence in my art that I worked hard for in the first year, but now I feel I have a way of getting it back. I can't help but feel that the first semester was wasted in some way, but I know this isn't entirely true as some ideas have come from it, and the work can't have been bad considering that I managed to maintain a First despite it not being my best work.

Now I know how to move forward, I'm going to start generating lots of drawings, based on the ones I've already created. While I worry they may all end up looking the same, I'm going to try it. I'm also going to consider how I can create the drawings discussed in the feedback session and tutorial - the large, circular drawings, with the drawing continuing beyond the frame. Imagining it, I can't see how it will work well, or after doing a quick test sketch, but I think it's just finding the right drawing subject/style to suit.

I'll consider this my first 'curatorial' problem to solve. The next will be how I choose to display the drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment