Saturday 1 February 2014

During a tutorial last semester Liz suggested that I look at Giuseppe Penone's exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery. I looked at it briefly but for some reason I never really referenced it or used it in my work. I decided to look again properly this time, and although I was disappointed I never knew about the show before it ended, they have a lot of information on their website, including downloads with information, gallery plans etc. I decided to buy the exhibition catalogue for this exhibition, as it looked to have a lot of information on the artist.
It seems to have been a valuable purchase, as it contains a lot of information not only on the exhibited work, but past work and includes previously unpublished drawings of his - something I am studying closely. I'll have to read this thoroughly to make a final opinion. It's a shame I didn't get to see the exhibition in person, however.

Link to the page on Whitechapel gallery website.

No comments:

Post a Comment