Sunday 4 May 2014





Experimenting with tracing paper and layering within drawings in my sketchbook. I'm considering how I can create a drawing using this method, so I decided to draw a little bit of the drawing on each layer, adding to it as I went along. I like the effect of the first drawing being faint and washed out from the subsequent layers than went on top of it.



Seeing each layer on it's own, I then took a couple of layers of the drawing and set them out seperately in my sketchbook. I think this goes back to drawings created last semester, and this semester, wherein the creature or object is floating within the white space of the page. I quite like having these small, detailed drawings on their own, framed within the space of the page. I think this is one idea that I could possibly take further, however I don't think it's the idea I should be pursuing for the end of year exhibition as I don't feel the idea holds as much weight as others I've also explored, maybe this will be more of a smaller, sideline exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment