Sunday 4 May 2014




Having had Easter to think about and consider how I want my end of year work to look, and having created sketches thinking about this, Monday meant it was decision time. I was also considering what Vanessa's work would look like, as I know she intends to create a wall drawing that faces opposite one of my walls. After thinking about how the walls could be used, as realising the space may have been too bare with only the tracing paper sculpture/drawing, I decided to create two wall drawings. I originally redrew the six Botanical Hybrids drawings on acetate to use in cyanotype prints, however I realised I could project two of the drawings onto the wall and enlarge them for my work. I decided on the two that I felt were the most "successful" out of the six, I felt their overall composition and the elements within the drawings balanced out well so would translate best onto the larger space of the wall. I drew them out in pencil to begin with, as I haven't yet decided what I will be drawing onto the wall with. I can't use ink or marker pen, as it's not easily painted over and only having one day to restore the space back, and limited resources means that this will make my job much more difficult.Watercolour would simply run down the wall, and that isn't an effect I want within my drawings as I want them to be fine, detailed and concise.





No comments:

Post a Comment