Sunday 4 May 2014


These are the two finished wall drawings. I am really pleased with how they turned out, and I feel I made the right choice in using tinted charcoal for these, as many people have commented on how delicate and ethereal the drawings look. I'm also happy that this has turned out to be a better curatorial decision, as both my drawings and Vanessa's work extremely well together, and really bring the room together well. It also makes the best use of my given wall space. I felt that with the tracing paper idea, there was something lacking within the space, and I knew I would've liked to have used my Botanical Hybrids drawings in there somewhere (initially I wanted to display the six A4 drawings alongside the tracing paper) however I feel this is a successful solution to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment