Sunday 4 May 2014

Having given in my proposal and the week long curatorial meetings now over, I have been given my first choice of space. I was very happy to have gotten this space, and surprised that I was the only person who really asked for it. I feel that this space is the perfect space for my work to be situated, and I just hope I can bring the ideas currently in my head into fruition. I'm currently thinking of having a continuous piece of tracing paper (as I've bought a roll of tracing paper now) taking over the space completely, maybe going up and down walls, across the floor, and maybe using the pillar in the space in some way. In essence, using the architectural qualities the space has to help develop the work.




I'm going to start sketching out possible ideas in my sketchbook to visualise how the work may appear and be installed into the space. I can't actually begin the work until install week so this will help make that process easier once I come to install, as hopefully it will give me a clear idea of how I'd like to work to appear before I even begin. This process of sketching ideas is something that I have not done much of in the past, so I think getting into the habit of doing this will help me create even more resolved pieces of work than I have achieved in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment