Sunday 4 May 2014







Now that the wall drawings are finished, it left me solely to concentrate on the tracing paper. I used the collaged/reassembled pieces within my sketchbook for inspiration, as well as other drawings I created later on within my sketchbook. Creating a very long piece of work within a "small" space, meant that I had to roll out a piece as long as my space, and once I'd finished that section of the drawing, fold it up and continue. Initially I intended to create one, continuous drawing, however I quickly realised that wasn't entirely possible so I created several drawings which linked and flowed into each other. I tried again with this tracing paper drawing to be less detailed and refined with the technical aspects, and to be more loose and expressive in the way I executed these drawings. The ink again behaved in similar ways to watercolour, so I used this to my advantage to suggest even more detail within the drawing without actually drawing them. I managed to get the whole of the tracing paper drawing done by the end of the day, after estimating I had drawn between 7-10 meters in total. I knew that I have the morning to install the tracing paper work and sculpt it how I wanted, so it meant I wouldn't have to rush it and possibly display it in a way that let it down or didn't display it in the most successful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment